XLAB Carbon Wing Save 25% off

XLAB Carbon WingI''ve had other seat cages and they all broke in the first or second ride. This one is holding up well so far. I installed it myself but I have a good mechanical appitude. It''s really great to hold my two extra water bottles giving me a longer distance to my first stop. Be careful putting your leg over the first time, you will have to tilt your bike or end up with a big bruise on the inside of your leg! Not a design flaw, just be aware of taller height. Happy Riding to all...

I was looking for ways to carry water on my Trek speed concept 9.9. I tried the Bontrager speed systems it was cheap and noisy. Plus when I switched saddles to an Adamo I could not attach it to the seat. I got he Xlab and I was impressed with it right away. easy to install less then 10min. it holds the bottle in really well no rattling and its easy to reach. Bottom line if you are serious about cutting time and staying hydrated invest in one of these.

Buy XLAB Carbon Wing Now

I have two Xlab gorilla cages on the Wing. For the inaugural ride, the Wing carried two 24 oz bottles on it along with a stuffed medium size seat pack hanging underneath. The ride was on anything but smooth pavement and the Wing held up well. The Wing has a moderate amount of flex when pulling a bottle out of a side cage, but so far no cracks. No issues with being crowded on the saddle.

Read Best Reviews of XLAB Carbon Wing Here

Great carrier if you''re not using the mini bag insert mine wore a hole in the side from the protruding nuts otherwise the product behaves as described and I still have it on my bike.

Want XLAB Carbon Wing Discount?

As I trained for my first triathlon I hated having to stop pedaling to get my water bottle out of my down tube cage, take a drink, and then stop to put it back. In addition, as I looked at the aerodynamics of my seat tube & down tube cages, it appeared that they were creating jetties of wind that were decreasing the aerodynamics of my carbon fiber bicycle. Furthermore, I had a bicycle bag underneath my seat that was also sticking out and possibly adding to the drag. That''s when I turned to the XLab''s Carbon Wing!

I chose the carbon model because I could afford to and everything else was carbon as it was. Furthermore, there is minimal wear and tear on these wings so I didn''t fear any breakage. I added on the XLab''s gorilla cages for my bottles and I was ready.

The Carbon Wing offers a ton of options for positioning. I tried one option first and went for a ride. The bottles were way too far away and sagged too far down. A couple adjustments and they were touching my butt. Another slight adjustment and they are perfect! Not only are the bottles available within arms reach, I do not have to stop cycling and they are behind a huge wind break: ME!

To top it all off, the wing comes with a couple straps to use if you also purchase the pouch. I did not need the pouch as I just wrapped my CO2 cartridge inside a tube, used a couple rubber bands to hold a $20 bill, my spoons, and a patch, and then stuck the whole thing between the bottles. The strap with velcro holds it firmly and everything is there when I need it. To hold gels and whatnot I just use my jersey pockets and don''t have a bag dangling down behind my seat creating more drag.

I chose not to buy the CO2 holders and whatnot because I do short triathlons and have no need for two cartridges or multiple tubes. I just so short rides (less than 50 miles) and take the risk. I''m glad that the option is there if I so choose.

This is a great purchase and have done away with the old cages on the seat and down tubes.

Save 25% off

0 comments:

Post a Comment